Here’s another super fast freezer meal that you can prep ahead of time, pop in the crockpot before work, and come home to warm delicious and healthy meal!
Turkey White Bean & Kale Soup
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch kale, washed, stems removed and sliced
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 cups chicken broth
- In a 1-gallon plastic freezer bag, add onions, carrots, kale, beans and salad dressing mix. Add ground turkey on top (so it’ll go into the crockpot first). Remove as much air from the bag as possible and seal bag. Freeze for up to 4 weeks.
- When ready to prepare, add bag’s contents to slow cooker with turkey on the bottom of the pot. Add 8 cups of chicken broth. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until turkey is cooked and vegetables are tender.