Wow! This is for real!
I’ve never posted on a blog before, so please bear with me as I fine tune this new adventure! I assume this will mostly be read by my friends and family for a while…. hopefully this blog will help grow my new private practice! Check out my website (also still in infancy stages) – www.drjennbowersnutrition.com
So…. why am I doing this? Why am I venturing into private practice and this little blog thing? Good question…..
- I need a creative outlet
- I thoroughly enjoy cooking, writing, teaching
- It’s something I’ve always wanted to do
- There’s no time like NOW!
If you know me at all, you know that I always have a million things going on…. I’ve been accused of adult ADHD and type-A personality more times than I can count. Now, having said all of that, I am excited to say that since my brainstorm idea of running my own show began, sooooo many fun opportunities are falling into place! It seems like it’s meant to be so far. Fingers crossed, prayers lifted, and positive thoughts, please!
A few questions I’ve been getting often –
Are you quitting your day jobs?
- Nope. I still work 20 h/wk at the Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System. I adore my veteran patients. They are inspiring, interesting, and certified heroes in my book. I also still teach 2-3 classes/semester online for Central Arizona College. I’ve been working for LK, my favorite boss of all time, for over 12 years & couldn’t imagine life without her!
What will your private practice be doing?
- At this point, the focus is on – kid nutrition clubs, freelance writing/recipe development, working with local farmers and farmers markets, and individual nutrition consultations/coaching. Sooooooo many more ideas in my head, so stay tuned!
Welcome to Dr. Jennifer Bowers – Dietitian / Nutritionist!