HUGE hit! You want to take this to your next party, BBQ or gathering. Trust me on this one. Super positive feedback from every one of our friends, except the one who avoids vegetables like the plague (ANDREW!)…..
This is a take-off of the traditional 7-layer dip. Consider layering it in clear plastic cups for individual servings – it’ll be pretty that way!
Try it today – I think you’ll love it too!
4-Layer Veggie Dip
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 2 chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce (with 1-2 tsp of the sauce, if you like spicy)
- juice of 3 limes, divided
- 1 & 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 avocados, pitted and mashed
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 hothouse cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (according to taste)
- tortilla chips
In food processor, combine beans, chipotle peppers, juice from 2 limes, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves and cumin. Blend until smooth. Spread into 9×13″ casserole size dish.
Mix avocados, juice of 1 lime, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves. Spread on top of beans. Spread Greek yogurt on top of avocado layer.
Stir together tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro. Spread on top of yogurt layer.
Serve cold with chips. May also consider cucumber slices or zucchini slices as “chips” for serving for a low-carb option.