Oh my! This was a big hit! Messy, but delicious! I hope you love it!
It was 5:00 p.m. I’m home from work….homework is supposedly happening in the other room… we need to be at an evening meeting at 6:00 p.m….and hubby not home from work yet. SIGH.
Open the fridge. Tilapia filets are thawed out….. 1/2 head of cabbage sitting front & center…. I know! Tilapia tacos!!
Literally 20 minutes from start to finish, tops! Maybe 15 minutes…. I was too busy to pay attention to the time! It’s messy, so grab a fork! Enjoy!
Skillet Tilapia Tacos
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 3 tilapia filets, thawed
- 4-oz can El Pato sauce (Mexican hot tomato sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups red chunky salsa
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- plain Greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- sliced avocado (optional)
- Pour El Pato sauce and salsa into large skillet and warm over medium-high heat.
- When bubbly, add tilapia. Turn heat down to simmer and cook until fish is flaky, about 5-6 minutes.
- To serve, place corn tortillas on plate and spread a little Greek yogurt on each. With a slotted spatula, remove fish from skillet and place onto tortilla. The fish is going to fall apart.
- Garnish with cabbage, cheese and avocado.
Looking for help with meal planning? Highly recommend MOMables!
Check them out!