This is the first of three – a series of dinner reviews of the popular meal delivery service, Hello Fresh. I have been eye’ing these companies for a while now, and recently decided to give a couple of them a try! So….. here’s dinner #1 – Roasted Pork Loin with Balsamic Fig Sauce, Green Beans and Rosemary Potatoes.
Hello Fresh is all about –
- Seasonal farm fresh ingredients
- Local suppliers – you can see pictures and read about many of their farmers and ranchers on their website under “Meet the Suppliers”
- I LOVE that they have a Registered Dietitian on staff!
- Delicious chef-inspired recipes – some are even by celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver
- Flexible subscriptions
- If you’d like to try Hello Fresh, here’s a code for $35 off your first order – JENNIFERB35.
Here’s the box that arrived…. nice & cold, even though it sat on my front porch for several hours while I was at work. This is southern Arizona, so that’s saying something!
Open up the big box, and there are 3 cute little boxes inside:
Under these boxes were two big frozen packs, placed on top of the raw meats, which were still very cold.
Simple, clear instructions included for each recipe, including the weekly recipes that we didn’t choose. That was a nice surprise, actually. The recipes are also downloadable from the Hello Fresh website. Here are the ingredients:
Honestly, I thought, “Oh no, this isn’t going to be enough food….” My family likes to eat. I cook big. We do leftovers for lunch nearly every day. So, I was in doubt that this would be satisfying to my family.
Cooking was simple.… the instructions stated 10 min prep + 20 min cooking time. Truthfully, the pork was still pink, and the potatoes still hard, so needed about 6 extra minutes in the oven.
Finished product….. pretty, tasty, well-balanced….. my family gave it very positive feedback. Every little bite was eaten! The teen and the hubby loved it….. no leftovers, but fully satisfied! Here’s the afterward photo:
Nutrition Facts Per Meal – 526 calories, 49 g carbohydrate, 46 g protein, 17 g fat (6 g saturated), 8 g fiber, 291 mg sodium, 97 mg cholesterol.
To see the other Hello Fresh reviews –
- Crispy Chicken with Brown Butter Corn and Tomato-Cucumber-Cilantro Salad
- Carmelized Pineapple Burgers with Red Cabbage-Carrot Slaw
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write these reviews, however, Hello Fresh did provide the meals boxes free of charge.
If you’d like to try Hello Fresh, here’s a code for $35 off your first order – JENNIFERB35.