This is the second of three – a series of dinner reviews of the popular meal delivery service, Sun Basket. I have been eye’ing these companies for a while now, and recently decided to give a couple of them a try!
How it works:
- You choose the recipes you want to try. There are Classic, Paleo, Gluten-Free and Vegetarian options. Depending on the plan, you choose 3 recipes for 2 or 4 people.
- The foods are delivered to your door with cooler packs. Recipes are included.
- You prepare the meals and your family enjoys!
So….. here’s dinner #2 – Salmon in parchment with lemon and dill.
This is what the final dinner is pictured as on the recipe card:
Look at these delicious ingredients! (Note: Yes, they even included the parchment paper!)
My final result:
- We adore salmon, so we were all excited to try a new recipe and cooking method. The filets were generous and beautiful.
- The fresh dill was to DIE for! Truly made all of the difference in this dish. My daughter even asked if there was more dill sauce to just eat plain!
- The romesco sauce for the zucchini provided a unique twist on a somewhat bland veggie. Romesco sauce was provided in a little plastic jar, made up of roasted peppers, almonds, fresh garlic, sherry vinegar, sweet smoked paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper. YUM!
- The parchment cooking method for salmon (and other fish) allows you to customize your individual packets with what each person likes, and is super easy to clean up!
- The fennel. Smelled divinely like licorice. Definitely not as tasty as it smelled. Tough. Ended up throwing most of it in the trash.
- The picture on the recipe card displayed zucchini, but the package came with yellow summer squash (see photo). Well, my husband is allergic to yellow squash, and I’m not a huge fan. I had some zucchini in the fridge, so I substituted it and it was great. The yellow squash ended up in my compost pile, so not a total waste.
Nutrition Facts Per Meal – 580 calories, 17 g carbohydrate, 42 g protein, and 6 g fiber. Amounts of fat, saturated fat, sodium & cholesterol were not available. Paleo & Gluten Free.
Links to the other Sun Basket Meals Reviewed –
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write these reviews, however, Sun Basket did provide the meals boxes free of charge. If you’d like to try Sun Basket – here’s a code for $30 off your first order – DRJBSB30