Holy delicious-ness! These amazing cupcakes were the brainstorm of my teenager…. Basically, she doesn’t care for pie at Thanksgiving, and she found a similar idea on Pinterest. The result was truly yummy and easy enough for her to make completely on her own! Bonus! Hope you enjoy them!
Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 french vanilla cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (not sugar-free)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, but add in the instant pudding mix and 1-1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon to the batter.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners and fill 1/2-way.
- Bake according to package directions.
- To prepare frosting, beat together butter, powdered sugar and remaining ground cinnamon. Gradually add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until frosting is desired consistency.
- When completely cooled, frost cupcakes. ENJOY!