This may not be the healthiest lemon-based recipe, but it is truly decadent! And, in our house, the fact that this recipe uses up about 3 large lemons is a huge bonus! Sugary treats are okay once in a while, right? Remember, I’m the down-to-earth Dietitian and I love goodies just as much as anyone…. well, maybe not as much as my teenager, but you get the idea….
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together flour, sugar, salt and butter.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together eggs, 2 tablespoons lemon zest and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Pour into flour mixture and beat at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1/2 cup lemon juice. Set aside. Allow brownies to cool completely before glazing.
Hope you love it!