What is more comforting than a warm bowl of creamy pasta? Even better, add in some greens for fiber and vitamins, lemons for vitamin C, pistachios and avocado for healthy fats, and Greek yogurt for protein! This dinner is fancy enough for company, yet quick enough for a weeknight! I hope you love it!
Creamy Lemon Pistachio Pesto Pasta
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Grated peel and juice of 3 lemons
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 avocado
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm the yogurt with lemon peel. Do not boil, just warm thoroughly.
- In a food processor, combine lemon juice, parsley, parmesan cheese, pistachios, avocado and garlic. While processor is running, drizzle in olive oil until well combined.
- Place pesto in a large bowl. Stir in yogurt-lemon peel mixture. Stir in pasta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.