I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist living in southern Arizona, mom to an amazing teenager, private practice owner & lover of biking, hiking, swimming, reading, traveling and, of course, cooking!
For 25 years, I’ve worked in hospitals, outpatient clinics, physician’s offices, public health departments, university settings, community colleges …. with patients of all types, clients from all ages and backgrounds, students from middle-school to graduate-school, physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, editors, and many more!
Thanks for reading my blog & following along! Hope to inspire you to live healthy in my down-to-earth style!
Just for Fun….. 10 Random Things About Me
- I have lived in Texas 3 separate times…. all less than 1 year!
- My husband is quite possibly the biggest Denver Broncos fan on planet Earth.
- We share our home with 2 cats and 1 turtle, none of whom I am very fond of.
- If I had millions of dollars, I would travel, travel, travel!
- I love going to concerts – the most ones recent being Carrie Underwood, TobyMac and Josh Turner.
- I have been to 14 countries, but only 3 of them in the last 25 years. In other words, I traveled more as a teenager then as an adult.
- My doctoral dissertation involved research in a very specific fungal infection, coccidioidomycosis (aka – Valley Fever).
- I listen to country music, much to the dismay of my family.
- I can totally walk away from desserts and sweets – but, my downfalls are Mexican food, pizza and BBQ potato chips.
- I was a varsity cheerleader for two years in high school. Don’t judge.