Are you a busy mom who loves her slow cooker? I don’t know what I’d do without mine. Your family will love this Asian-inspired dinner because it tastes delicious. You will love it because you can make in advance, pop it in the freezer, and later take it out to cook in the crockpot without any hassle! I made mine about 3 weeks before serving for dinner, and it held up in the freezer beautifully! As if you needed more reasons to try this — it’s nutritious (full of fiber, vitamin C and iron) and economical (only $2.82 per serving). Enjoy!
Beef & Broccoli
Yield: about 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 beef boullion cube
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 16 oz bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thick circles
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- In a 1-gallon size plastic freezer bag, place beef, boullion cube, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, and cornstarch. In a separate plastic freezer bag, place broccoli and carrots. Seal tightly and freeze for up to 3 weeks.
- When ready to prepare, dump contents of beef bag into slow cooker. Add 1 cup water. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Add vegetables to slow cooker during last hour of cooking time.
- Serve over brown rice.