Huge thumbs up from my peeps….made delicious leftover lunches too!
Hope you love it as much as we did!
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 large carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup hot buffalo wing sauce
- 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes. Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, paprika and bay leaf. Cook until vegetables are slightly tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and stir to scrap up brown bits from bottom of pot. Turn off heat. Add hot sauce and stir well. Turn off heat and let cool down.
- In a 1-gallon plastic freezer bag, add tomato sauce and tomatoes. Add chicken-vegetable mixture to bag (don’t forget to remove the bay leaf).
- Freeze for up to 4 weeks. When ready to prepare, place bag contents in slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours, until thoroughly warm.
- Serve warm with crumbled blue cheese on top.